Have you got a little one who's obsessed with things that creep and crawl? We've tailored the perfect set of activities to promote their interest!
Our insect activities for toddlers and preschool children have been designed with care to engage curiosity and open up communication, which helps them discover new and exciting things.
This bundle will keep your child busy and is just the thing to do together as a family if you happen to be stuck inside!
You will receive 15 insect activities:
- Bug Movement Cube: Your little one will flutter like a butterfly and buzz like a bee! Burning off all that energy whilst developing their gross motor skills.
- Number Cards (1-10): A great early maths activity to help with number recognition and counting skills. Your child will learn to identify each insect, learn to count up to 10 and even develop their fine motor skills with the clever use of clothes pegs!
- Cutting With Scissors: Help your child develop their scissor skills by cutting along the dotted lines. A fantastic way to develop fine motor skills and coordination.
- Sorting Activity: Using the bugs from our cutting activity, children will now be encouraged to sort these by wings / no wings. By finding relationships between each bug, we are introducing little ones to the concept of problem-solving.
- Butterfly Life Cycle Poster: This A4 reference poster is used alongside our sequencing card activity. It will also make a beautiful addition to a bedroom or playroom to encourage learning for months to come!
- A6 Butterfly Life Cycle Sequencing Cards: Sequencing skills encourage our children to break down a concept into a series of small, logical steps. We sequence events all day long, so introducing words such as ‘first’, ‘next’, ‘then’ and ‘finally’, allow children to help categorise a logical order.
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt: Keep your eyes peeled, it’s time for a bug hunt! Whether it’s the backyard, park (or even inside with our cutting station bugs), your little one can put their detective hat on and hunt for these well-hidden bugs! We have paired each critter with interesting insect facts to keep everybody entertained.
- 4 x Easy DIY Activities: Using materials you should have at home, we've outlined some fun activities; Ladybug Rock, Sticky Spider Web, Mini Bug Hotel and Egg Carton Caterpillar.
- 4 x Preschool Worksheets: These include; Pom Pom Counting Caterpillar, Line Tracing, Bug Matching and Bug Sounds. You can also laminate and use a whiteboard marker for hours of fine-tuning!
Our insect activities are designed and printed in Australia, on a 350gsm uncoated card stock. You will receive 23 x A6 cards & 9 x A4 cards.
Please note: The movement cube comes as an A4 card, which you will need to cut and assemble. Colours may vary due to how monitors and printers read colours differently.