Let's explore the Solar System together!
If this sentence would make your little one jump for joy, then we've got the perfect activity set for you. Our Space Learning Unit has been designed with care to engage your child's interest and open up communication which helps them learn new and exciting things.
If you find yourself at a loss when your kids hit you with a meteor storm of space-related questions and you're just not too sure what to say, we've got you covered. With a selection of space facts, you'll be learning alongside your little ones and this will ensure you don't miss a space fact question again!
This bundle will keep your little one busy for hours and is just the thing to do together as a family if you happened to be stuck inside!
Within this pack are the following space-themed activities for toddlers and preschoolers:
- Planet Fact Cards: Help your kids learn facts about space and our solar system with nine A6 illustrated planet fact cards. These also include an A4 solar system reference card to help children understand the relationship between each planet.
- Four DIY Space Craft Activities: Utilising materials found around your home, we guide you through the following activities; Foil Moon, Star Stamping, Reach for the Stars and a Galaxy Sensory Bin. The galaxy sensory bin includes a planets and stars printout to add to your sensory bin.
- Phases of the Moon for Kids: Phases of the moon sequencing cards include a set of eight illustrated A6 cards, which outline each step of the lunar cycle. Not only will they learn about the phases of the moon, but also a valuable lesson in sequencing. Sequencing skills encourage our children to break down a concept into a series of small, logical steps. We sequence events all day long, so introducing words such as ‘first’, ‘next’, ‘then’ and ‘finally’, allow children to help categorise a logical order. This activity also includes an A4 phase of the moon reference card, which can also be used as a poster in bedrooms or playrooms to encourage learning for months to come!
- Planet Cards: Our planet themed activity cards include:
- Colour matching: After observing the planets and colour labels, children are encouraged to match each colour set with the appropriate planets. A great activity for toddlers and preschoolers to work on identifying and sorting colours.
- Sequencing: Using the solar system reference diagram, children can continue to develop their sorting skills by placing each planet in sequential order from the sun. The A4 solar system diagram can also be used as educational artwork in their learning environment.
- Image/word match. Cut the planet names off the cards and shuffle, have your little one match the names back to each planet. A fantastic way to build connections, grow vocabulary and spelling skills.
- Constellation Learning Unit: Includes three activities based around star constellations:
- Constellation Discovery: Includes reference cards of twelve zodiac constellations. A great opportunity to observe and discuss how stars form different constellations.
- Constellation Worksheets: This is one of our favourite pincer grip activities. Children are encouraged to place thumbtacks or stickers over each star on the worksheet. This helps develop fine motor skills and coordination, whilst building the muscles in their fingers and hands to help with future handwriting.
- Create your own Constellation Activity: Children copy the reference card or use their imagination to create new constellations. From fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and visual analysis, there is plenty to learn from this activity! They can also use this as an opportunity to create and explain their own constellation story.
Activities are printed locally in Australia, on a 350gsm uncoated card stock. You will receive 45 A6 cards & 10 A4 cards.
Please note: Colours may vary due to how screens read colours differently. Please contact us if you have any questions, always happy to help.